Indian conglomerate Sahara India Pariwar now owns a majority stake in New York's Plaza Hotel, which is bought from Israeli real estate company El Ad US Holding Inc. El Ad CEO Udi Erez said on Wednesday that the transaction, valued at $575 million, closed on Monday.
The deal, announced in July, gives Sahara India Pariwar a 75 percent interest in the Plaza Hotel and adjacent retail space. Kingdom Holding Co., headed by Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, retains the remaining 25 percent stake in the property.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts will continue to operate the hotel under a long-term agreement. An email seeking comment from Sahara India Pariwar was not immediately returned. The Plaza has a colorful past, having hosted guests such as Eleanor Roosevelt, The Beatles and Mark Twain.
Coca Cola, the world's largest soft drink maker, today said it won't slow down its USD 5 billion investment plans in India.
The resilient Indian IT industry is building next generation enterprises to leverage the emerging opportunities in cloud computing and mobility space worldwide.
Nissan unveiled a revamped version of its sports utility vehicle- Terrano in Mumbai on Tuesday.
Maruti has launched an upmarket looking Wagon R, called the Stingray (no relevance to Corvette Stingray or any other legendary car with that name plate) in India at Rs 4.09 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Luxury automobile makers Rolls Royce launched their latest offering - the Rolls Royce Wraith - in India on Monday
To summarise the collective commentary on why the rupee is falling, the immediate triggers are the imposition of capital controls and the hike in import duties on 'non-essentials' like gold and flat screen TVs.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Tuesday announced a slew of measures, including Rs 8,000 crore bond buyback, to ease liquidity and ensure adequate credit flow to the productive sectors of the economy.