Sachin Tendulkar will never play an ODI again. We all knew this moment was coming, but that does not make it any easier to bear. Never again will we see that unmistakable stance in an ODI, never again will we skip school/college/work to watch the Little Master at work, never again will opposition bowlers have to deal with panic attacks.
At the end of such a glittering career, any tribute will fall short. Here’s the best we could do; some facts are exaggerated, but they still do no justice to India's one universal God.
1. For a bowler, dismissing Sachin is like winning in the Sikkim Super Lotto: very improbable, very difficult, and 99.99% luck
2. One small retirement for man (though Sachin is technically a God), 1.2 billion giant retirements (from ODI cricket watching) for mankind
3. Since Sachinism is the universal religion, bowlers bowling to Sachin sometimes find themselves thinking: "Dear Lord Sachin, please let me get Sachin out"
4. A wand is not the only wooden hand-held object with which magic can be done. There's one more - Sachin's bat
5. England and Pakistan have got an early Christmas gift this year. They won't have to bowl to Sachin
6. Einstein once said of Gandhi: "Generations to come, it may well be, will scarce believe that such a man as this one ever in flesh and blood walked upon this Earth." This is equally true of Sachin
7. Now, you can buy a slot to advertise during an India ODI for Rs. 5 per minute (down from Rs. 5 Crore). Who will watch if Sachin is not there?
8. If you go to any second hand store today, it will be flooded with TVs. There's no reason to watch anymore
9. For Team India to replace Sachin, they will have to recruit Superman and Batman, make them have a baby, and get Rajinikanth to train that baby. For 20 years
10. Terrorism takes place on the cricket field, too. Just watch Sachin’s double century, and see how scared the bowlers were to bowl to him that day
11. The Rajya Sabha is considering changing its name to Rajya Sachin, after its most glorious member
12. Watching videos of Sachin cover drives is the only known cure for AIDS
13. 99% of all stories our generation tells our children will begin with "Once upon a time there was Sachin..."
14. For those saying Sachin doesn't deserve the Bharat Ratna - the reason most people know about the Bharat Ratna is Sachin. So technically, Sachin recognized and awarded the Bharat Ratna first
15. The best gift our parents gave us was giving birth to us during the era of Sachin
16. The ICC should retire the ODI format out of respect to Sachin
Sachin's unforgettable off-field moments
Sachin's greatest ODI moments
The Congress needs action. Faced with a formidable opponent led by a decisive, steely-eyed foe, they are in tatters. Sonia Gandhi has announced that she will soon announce the PM candidate for the Congress in 2014, and many names are already doing the rounds.
This weekend, a huge global blockbuster is releasing. No, not the Hobbit Part 2, why would you think that? We refer, of course, to a film which is sure to be a masterpiece, Sunny Leone’s second big Bollywood outing, the one and only 'Jackpot'
The Congress Party cannot be happy right now. After contesting in 5 states over the past few weeks, they are winning just one, the smallest of the bunch. In the others, their seat share stands at a pitiful, exam-failing 21%. Heads will roll, strategies will be debated, RaGa will emerge unscathed.
R...Rajkumar is bad. We don’t wish to spend too much time on using words to explain how bad it is because it is movies like this which prove that every second of your life is precious. Spending it on R...Rajkumar is a huge mistake. Right from the inexplicable use of fullstops in the title to the insanity that went into writing the dialogues, R...Rajkumar had us thinking about all the bad things that happened in our lives, and how they actually become good when compared to whatever it was that Prabhu Dheva was attempting.
As the economy keeps inflating, so do Bollywood collections. In no time, they’ll each be making the equivalent of the cost of one onion! We predict that the upcoming Dhoom 3 will make 300 crore. Here’s why:
Following elections in Delhi yesterday, exit polls point to the fact that the Congress is going to lose, and pretty badly. What a surprise. Not. Considering the Congress’ performance over the past few months, we’re sure pretty much ANYONE could have beaten them. Here are a few examples:
It's December, and that means we are in the holy month when Rajinikanth was born. On December 12, the man will turn 63, and his trillions of fans are