On 12/12/12, Super Star Rajinikanth will celebrate Birthday No. 62 or, as some say, the number 62 will celebrate the fact that Rajinikanth is associated with it. Some people might celebrate by putting 62 candles on a cake, but we’re doing the e-version of that, and coming up with 62 ‘facts’ that show just how great he still is, even though he’s in his seventh decade. This here, is the first of our six-part feature. Long live Rajinikanth!
- Most TV shows are actually named after Rajinikanth e.g. Bigg Boss, Indian Idol, Masterchef (because he makes khichdi of your dimaag), Devon Ka Dev - Mahadev
- IRCTC stands for If Rajinikanth Clicks, Tatkal Confirms!
- Felix Baumgartner got famous for skydiving from space. People forget that’s how Rajini was born, when God threw him down from a cloud as a gift to us
- Rajinikanth can't make a New Year’s Resolution. He doesn’t have anything left to do.
- The God Particle was discovered this year. The Rajinikanth particle will probably take another few billion years
- Rajinikanth is entering the next F1 season, racing on foot. Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton are competing for second place
- Rajinikanth did to the laws of physics what Kasab did to the laws of India
- Rajinikanth solved the mystery of 'Talaash'. By listening to the soundtrack of the movie
- Persuasive is an adjective used for a person who can get life insurance after being cast as the villain in a Rajinikanth film
- If Rajinikanth had taken part in the London Olympics, it would have become the second Paralympics; the other participants would have handicapped by not being Rajinikanth
Just like Rajinikanth, this article hasn't reached 62 points yet. Come back tomorrow for 10 more hilarious jokes glorifying Him. If you submit a joke for tomorrow, Rajini Himself might personally select the best, and they will be mentioned along with your name in this article. For immortality at the hands of Rajinikanth, submit your ideas in the comments section!
62 turns Rajinikanth (Part 2)
(Photo: Viral Bhayani)
What was the reason that an almost-perfect looking team India surrendered to the Lankan lions in the WC finals, you ask? Here are 5 probable reasons why we feel India lost:
India is a tiger at home, and a bacterium abroad. After our embarrassing performances in South Africa and New Zealand, questions are being asked about whether our team is truly ready to play a cricket match anywhere outside the sub-continent. We think there is light at the end of the tunnel - we think that these 6 ideas will help India rise from the ashes and become a tiger everywhere.
We're so worried about his recent string of crazy activities that we think he might go too far soon. He might do one of these things, for instance:
After Arnab Goswami took Rahul Gandhi’s case in an interview (there’s really no other way of putting it) on Monday, we think that Koffee with Karan is way too boring. If we wanted to know random celeb gossip, we’d just read their tweets. But the way Arnab grills people, you have to admire him
A few days after Jai Ho's release, it is apparent that Salman's latest film will not touch the heights achieved by Chennai Express, Krrish 3, or Dhoom 3. It might not even touch Dabangg-2 or Bodyguard, and this is in 2014, when every other film hits 100 crores domestically. So why did Jai Ho fail to break all the box office records we thought it would? We aren't sure, but here are a few reasons.
Air India finally did something to make us sit up and take notice. They announced that they would provide wi-fi facilities to people on board their aircraft. This is great, but we don't think they've thought through some of the funnier consequences of their decision.
There are three constants in life in India: the petrol prices will keep rising, Arnab and Manmohan will always be opposites, and Salman Khan movies will always stick to a formula. Whether he's a cop, a bodyguard, or an Aam Aadmi, he's basically Rajinikanth in a different body.