On 12/12/12, Super Star Rajinikanth will celebrate Birthday No. 62 or, as some say, the number 62 will celebrate the fact that Rajinikanth is associated with it. Some people might celebrate by putting 62 candles on a cake, but we’re doing the e-version of that, and coming up with 62 ‘facts’ that show just how great he still is, even though he’s in his seventh decade. This here, is part two of our six-part feature (you can read part one here). Long live Rajinikanth!
- 21.12.12: Rajinikanth forgets his snores can cause world-ending earthquakes
- Sometimes Rajinikanth goes to a temple, to give the deity there the day off
- Santa Claus has to deliver presents to all the good children in the world in just one night. His logistics partner? Rajinikanth
- If Rajinikanth had starred in the Die Hard series, the name would have been changed to Die Easy
- Long ago, Rajinikanth once walked into a dark place and asked for a light. He was mildly surprised when a universe started
- Rajinikanth can bite a Twilight vampire and turn it into a human
- The confirmed guests for Rajini's 62nd birthday celebrations include Jimi Hendrix, Bal Thackeray, Chulbul Pandey, Barack Obama and Sherlock Holmes
Even death won't keep Bal Thackeray from missing Rajinikanth's birthday. Photo: PTI
- The Pope made a Twitter account to wish Rajinikanth, as his phone line is always busy
- 62 is turning Rajinikanth on 12/12/12
- 'Khiladi 786' is Akshay Kumar's way of apologising for Khiladi No. 1 - because clearly that spot will always belong to Rajinikanth
Just like Rajinikanth, this article hasn't reached 62 points yet. Come back tomorrow for 10 more hilarious jokes glorifying Him. If you submit a joke for tomorrow, Rajini Himself might personally select the best, and they will mentioned, along with your name, in this article. For immortality at the hands of Rajinikanth, submit your ideas in the comments section!
62 turns Rajinikanth (Part 1)
India is a tiger at home, and a bacterium abroad. After our embarrassing performances in South Africa and New Zealand, questions are being asked about whether our team is truly ready to play a cricket match anywhere outside the sub-continent. We think there is light at the end of the tunnel - we think that these 6 ideas will help India rise from the ashes and become a tiger everywhere.
We're so worried about his recent string of crazy activities that we think he might go too far soon. He might do one of these things, for instance:
After Arnab Goswami took Rahul Gandhi’s case in an interview (there’s really no other way of putting it) on Monday, we think that Koffee with Karan is way too boring. If we wanted to know random celeb gossip, we’d just read their tweets. But the way Arnab grills people, you have to admire him
A few days after Jai Ho's release, it is apparent that Salman's latest film will not touch the heights achieved by Chennai Express, Krrish 3, or Dhoom 3. It might not even touch Dabangg-2 or Bodyguard, and this is in 2014, when every other film hits 100 crores domestically. So why did Jai Ho fail to break all the box office records we thought it would? We aren't sure, but here are a few reasons.
Air India finally did something to make us sit up and take notice. They announced that they would provide wi-fi facilities to people on board their aircraft. This is great, but we don't think they've thought through some of the funnier consequences of their decision.
There are three constants in life in India: the petrol prices will keep rising, Arnab and Manmohan will always be opposites, and Salman Khan movies will always stick to a formula. Whether he's a cop, a bodyguard, or an Aam Aadmi, he's basically Rajinikanth in a different body.
Yesterday, Aamir Khan tweeted a picture that went viral – it had him along with Salman Khan seemingly taking a leak into some plants. We’re surprised the normally intellectual Aamir did something like this, and sure that Sallu Bhai is sitting embarrassed somewhere. Here are the next few celebs we think Aamir will embarrass on Twitter, and how: