Every day, we wait with bated breath to see which hitherto unknown public figure will come up and say something vile and stupid. Asaram Bapu, Akbaruddin Owaisi, the khap panchayat... all these, and a thousand more, seem to be competing among themselves to get the highest possible market share of India’s righteous hate.
But matters have now reached criticality. When these D-list celebs try to use a horrific tragedy like the Delhi gangrape as mileage to peddle their useless agenda, we must stand up and stop them. Here’s an informative contract that every D-list celeb should be made to sign before he or she even thinks of talking to the media on a subject of current interest. Maybe it will stop the stream of garbage that emanates from their mouths:
1. You become relevant by doing great things, not saying despicable things. Repeat that a 1000 times till you understand it
2. Learn from MMS himself. Silence is golden. While you're at it, if you could teach him to speak as much as you do, that would be great
Because sometimes, you say it best when you say nothing at all. Photo: PTI
3. If you exploit a tragedy to further your 'brand', you will end up in an extremely warm corner of hell, along with such sinners as Kasab, Hitler, and people who walk in front of theatre screens
4. Some say that 'no publicity is bad publicity'. They are, of course, wrong. Keep running your mouth like you do, and someone will beat you up some day
5. Saying stupid things to the media will get you hated by 30 crore people
6. Your digestive system has two ends. Only one end needs to be associated with human waste, keep your mouth clean!
7. On the evolutionary scale, you occupy the position somewhere between a slimy pond slug and a cockroach that has gone white through years of avoiding the light. Keep talking nonsense, and you could reach the level of bacteria soon!
8. Gandhiji’s third monkey Spoke No Evil. Buy a statue of this and beat yourself on your empty head every day till you understand its message, or till you break your head and die. Maybe the latter would be better
9. Verbal diarrhoea is a deadly disease, much more dangerous than its intestinal cousin. There is no known cure, except for its sufferer resolving to live a life of dignity
10. You know those real celebs you want to be like? They usually shun the media and photographers. If you really want to be like them, go into hiding
11. Your opinion on the news has no value at all. You have no special insight or competence; if you did, you would be an A-list celeb and wouldn’t need cheap publicity
This contract was inspired by Gregory’s iPhone contract, that came out late last year. Read it here! And tell us what you think should be added to the D-list celeb contract above.
Quote hanger: Politicians at their silliest best
Following elections in Delhi yesterday, exit polls point to the fact that the Congress is going to lose, and pretty badly. What a surprise. Not. Considering the Congress’ performance over the past few months, we’re sure pretty much ANYONE could have beaten them. Here are a few examples:
It's December, and that means we are in the holy month when Rajinikanth was born. On December 12, the man will turn 63, and his trillions of fans are
This week, we are gearing up to watch Prabhu Dheva’s next outing on the silver screen, ‘R…Rajkumar’ (RR). Starring Shahid Kapoor, who hasn’t exactly had the best career run in the past few years, and Sonakshi Sinha, the film looks promising. Here are a few tips for you to make sure you’re well-prepared for the film:
Yesterday was the season premiere of the fourth edition of Koffee with Karan, and it sure didn’t disappoint. Salman Khan, who was a guest on the first episode, claimed to be a virgin (he may as well have told us that pigs fly – there’s a higher probability of that actually being true)
Bullett Raja is authentic, fun, sometimes funny, violent. Yes, it has its flaws, but which movie doesn't? We found it to be a good addition to its genre, and well worth a light weekend watch. So now, we commemorate those instances when it was unintentionally funny with our LOL-scar awards:
Two days ago, the world was given an early Thanksgiving gift – the trailer of Sherlyn Chopra’s next, ‘Kamasutra 3D’. It doesn’t take a genius to realise that this film is going to be pretty damn terrible.
In the Encyclopedia Britannica entry for the word 'empty', they've used the picture of a Rahul Gandhi rally. RaGa's rallies have people leaving early for a reason, and that's why we're issuing a survival guide in public interest.