Every day, we wait with bated breath to see which hitherto unknown public figure will come up and say something vile and stupid. Asaram Bapu, Akbaruddin Owaisi, the khap panchayat... all these, and a thousand more, seem to be competing among themselves to get the highest possible market share of India’s righteous hate.
But matters have now reached criticality. When these D-list celebs try to use a horrific tragedy like the Delhi gangrape as mileage to peddle their useless agenda, we must stand up and stop them. Here’s an informative contract that every D-list celeb should be made to sign before he or she even thinks of talking to the media on a subject of current interest. Maybe it will stop the stream of garbage that emanates from their mouths:
1. You become relevant by doing great things, not saying despicable things. Repeat that a 1000 times till you understand it
2. Learn from MMS himself. Silence is golden. While you're at it, if you could teach him to speak as much as you do, that would be great
Because sometimes, you say it best when you say nothing at all. Photo: PTI
3. If you exploit a tragedy to further your 'brand', you will end up in an extremely warm corner of hell, along with such sinners as Kasab, Hitler, and people who walk in front of theatre screens
4. Some say that 'no publicity is bad publicity'. They are, of course, wrong. Keep running your mouth like you do, and someone will beat you up some day
5. Saying stupid things to the media will get you hated by 30 crore people
6. Your digestive system has two ends. Only one end needs to be associated with human waste, keep your mouth clean!
7. On the evolutionary scale, you occupy the position somewhere between a slimy pond slug and a cockroach that has gone white through years of avoiding the light. Keep talking nonsense, and you could reach the level of bacteria soon!
8. Gandhiji’s third monkey Spoke No Evil. Buy a statue of this and beat yourself on your empty head every day till you understand its message, or till you break your head and die. Maybe the latter would be better
9. Verbal diarrhoea is a deadly disease, much more dangerous than its intestinal cousin. There is no known cure, except for its sufferer resolving to live a life of dignity
10. You know those real celebs you want to be like? They usually shun the media and photographers. If you really want to be like them, go into hiding
11. Your opinion on the news has no value at all. You have no special insight or competence; if you did, you would be an A-list celeb and wouldn’t need cheap publicity
This contract was inspired by Gregory’s iPhone contract, that came out late last year. Read it here! And tell us what you think should be added to the D-list celeb contract above.
Quote hanger: Politicians at their silliest best
India is a tiger at home, and a bacterium abroad. After our embarrassing performances in South Africa and New Zealand, questions are being asked about whether our team is truly ready to play a cricket match anywhere outside the sub-continent. We think there is light at the end of the tunnel - we think that these 6 ideas will help India rise from the ashes and become a tiger everywhere.
We're so worried about his recent string of crazy activities that we think he might go too far soon. He might do one of these things, for instance:
After Arnab Goswami took Rahul Gandhi’s case in an interview (there’s really no other way of putting it) on Monday, we think that Koffee with Karan is way too boring. If we wanted to know random celeb gossip, we’d just read their tweets. But the way Arnab grills people, you have to admire him
A few days after Jai Ho's release, it is apparent that Salman's latest film will not touch the heights achieved by Chennai Express, Krrish 3, or Dhoom 3. It might not even touch Dabangg-2 or Bodyguard, and this is in 2014, when every other film hits 100 crores domestically. So why did Jai Ho fail to break all the box office records we thought it would? We aren't sure, but here are a few reasons.
Air India finally did something to make us sit up and take notice. They announced that they would provide wi-fi facilities to people on board their aircraft. This is great, but we don't think they've thought through some of the funnier consequences of their decision.
There are three constants in life in India: the petrol prices will keep rising, Arnab and Manmohan will always be opposites, and Salman Khan movies will always stick to a formula. Whether he's a cop, a bodyguard, or an Aam Aadmi, he's basically Rajinikanth in a different body.
Yesterday, Aamir Khan tweeted a picture that went viral – it had him along with Salman Khan seemingly taking a leak into some plants. We’re surprised the normally intellectual Aamir did something like this, and sure that Sallu Bhai is sitting embarrassed somewhere. Here are the next few celebs we think Aamir will embarrass on Twitter, and how: