After beating Ek Tha Tiger's opening day record, a lot of people are saying that Chennai Express might beat its overall gross take at the box office, too. We think that might actually happen, and we have a series of reasons to prove it.
1. South angle: Chennai Express has the word 'Chennai' in its name. Rajinikanth lives in Chennai. Hence proved (that Chennai Express will gross more than Ek Tha Tiger).
2. The make up angle: In 2012, Salman and SRK were feuding. So the SRK camp would not have bought tickets to Ek Tha Tiger. But after the hug this year, the entire Salman camp would have bought multiple tickets to see Chennai Express.
3. Deepika vs Kat: 2013 is the year of Deepika Padukone. She has been in three 100 crore grossing films - Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and Chennai Express - and is going to be in a 10,000 crore film (Kochadaiyaan). Whereas Katrina was nowhere close in 2012. Advantage: Chennai Express.
4. The music: Ek Tha Tiger is chiefly remembered for a series of one-word name songs, that we don't really remember the tunes. Whereas Lungi Dance and 1-2-3-4 will remain in our minds for ever. Entertaining music makes for more moolah at the box office.
5. Tickets are more expensive: In just a year, tickets in every theatre we know of have become at least 10% more expensive. We think it's something to do with the dollar-rupee exchange rate, but we don't know.
6. IRCTC: IRCTC is the worst website we have ever seen, but it makes tons of money. Clearly, anything that is related to the railways makes money even if it is low-quality, exactly like Chennai Express.
7. Numerology: Ek Tha Tiger is associated with the number 'one', clearly. But Chennai Express - the real Indian Railways Chennai Express - has number 12163. This number is much much greater than 1, and is a measure of how much more profitable the latter film is going to be.
Do you also think Chennai Express might make 300 crore? Tell us in the Comments Section!
India is a tiger at home, and a bacterium abroad. After our embarrassing performances in South Africa and New Zealand, questions are being asked about whether our team is truly ready to play a cricket match anywhere outside the sub-continent. We think there is light at the end of the tunnel - we think that these 6 ideas will help India rise from the ashes and become a tiger everywhere.
We're so worried about his recent string of crazy activities that we think he might go too far soon. He might do one of these things, for instance:
After Arnab Goswami took Rahul Gandhi’s case in an interview (there’s really no other way of putting it) on Monday, we think that Koffee with Karan is way too boring. If we wanted to know random celeb gossip, we’d just read their tweets. But the way Arnab grills people, you have to admire him
A few days after Jai Ho's release, it is apparent that Salman's latest film will not touch the heights achieved by Chennai Express, Krrish 3, or Dhoom 3. It might not even touch Dabangg-2 or Bodyguard, and this is in 2014, when every other film hits 100 crores domestically. So why did Jai Ho fail to break all the box office records we thought it would? We aren't sure, but here are a few reasons.
Air India finally did something to make us sit up and take notice. They announced that they would provide wi-fi facilities to people on board their aircraft. This is great, but we don't think they've thought through some of the funnier consequences of their decision.
There are three constants in life in India: the petrol prices will keep rising, Arnab and Manmohan will always be opposites, and Salman Khan movies will always stick to a formula. Whether he's a cop, a bodyguard, or an Aam Aadmi, he's basically Rajinikanth in a different body.
Yesterday, Aamir Khan tweeted a picture that went viral – it had him along with Salman Khan seemingly taking a leak into some plants. We’re surprised the normally intellectual Aamir did something like this, and sure that Sallu Bhai is sitting embarrassed somewhere. Here are the next few celebs we think Aamir will embarrass on Twitter, and how: