Over the past few months, the CBI has not covered itself in glory. First, they conducted a deeply flawed 2G investigation - where A Raja, he of lakh crore fame - was not even interrogated. Now, they're giving the opposition parties ammunition against the government, by failing at the Coalgate investigation, too.
Which makes us think that the CBI is behaving like anything but the Central Bureau of Investigation, as suggested by its name. We've thought of 7 more fitting names for this 'organization' and, just to be nice, we've made sure that all of them abbreviate to 'CBI', so they won't have to change the name plates. We left out all the X-Rated options. Believe us, there were a lot of them.
1. Coalgate Burial Individuals: This needs no explanation. Coalgate is apparently bigger than the 2G scam, yet we have no inkling of a main culprit. Maybe the CBI will come back and tell us that rats ate up 2 lakh crore, after strengthening their teeth with daily Colgate brushing. That way they will earn ad revenue, too!
2. Central Bureaucracy Illustration: The CBI moves with all the speed of an arthritic, legless tortoise in quicksand. We feel surprised if they come out with an initial decision within 5 years of a crime, and they usually seem to take about 20 years. If this is not the best illustration of bureaucracy in India, what is?
3. Cock and Bull Investigators: Going by their fine record in the past year, this would seem to be the most fitting name for them. Only, the Censor Board would probably object to the first word.
4. Can't Be Investigators: The people behind the Cock and Bull Investigations surely Cannot Be Investigators, can they? What do you even study to become a CBI person? We only remember Science, Medicine, Commerce and Arts in our colleges; there was no Investigation stream, surely, for parents to warn us against?
5. Central Bane of Investigation: An obvious choice, seeing as how they don't let investigation happen on their watch. We think even Bane (from The Dark Knight Rises) would've made a better intelligence officer.
6. Congress Boss Is: Sorry for the Yoda-esque sentence construction, but the Congress certainly Is Boss. They see the CBI reports before even the courts do, and this has caused much adjournment of parliament. Forget Indian independence, we need to fight for the CBI's.
7. CID Better Is: CID has ACP Pradyuman. And Daya. And badass forensics. And, importantly, a 100% success rate. Can we yank them out of the TV and make them the CBI, too? Please?
Any other expansions for CBI that are swirling around inside your head? Put them down in the Comments Section!
India is a tiger at home, and a bacterium abroad. After our embarrassing performances in South Africa and New Zealand, questions are being asked about whether our team is truly ready to play a cricket match anywhere outside the sub-continent. We think there is light at the end of the tunnel - we think that these 6 ideas will help India rise from the ashes and become a tiger everywhere.
We're so worried about his recent string of crazy activities that we think he might go too far soon. He might do one of these things, for instance:
After Arnab Goswami took Rahul Gandhi’s case in an interview (there’s really no other way of putting it) on Monday, we think that Koffee with Karan is way too boring. If we wanted to know random celeb gossip, we’d just read their tweets. But the way Arnab grills people, you have to admire him
A few days after Jai Ho's release, it is apparent that Salman's latest film will not touch the heights achieved by Chennai Express, Krrish 3, or Dhoom 3. It might not even touch Dabangg-2 or Bodyguard, and this is in 2014, when every other film hits 100 crores domestically. So why did Jai Ho fail to break all the box office records we thought it would? We aren't sure, but here are a few reasons.
Air India finally did something to make us sit up and take notice. They announced that they would provide wi-fi facilities to people on board their aircraft. This is great, but we don't think they've thought through some of the funnier consequences of their decision.
There are three constants in life in India: the petrol prices will keep rising, Arnab and Manmohan will always be opposites, and Salman Khan movies will always stick to a formula. Whether he's a cop, a bodyguard, or an Aam Aadmi, he's basically Rajinikanth in a different body.
Yesterday, Aamir Khan tweeted a picture that went viral – it had him along with Salman Khan seemingly taking a leak into some plants. We’re surprised the normally intellectual Aamir did something like this, and sure that Sallu Bhai is sitting embarrassed somewhere. Here are the next few celebs we think Aamir will embarrass on Twitter, and how: