Every tech analyst in the world is talking about one thing: the smartphone wars in 2013. Specifically, the iPhone 6 vs. the Galaxy S4, and about whether or not Apple can pull one last rabbit out of its post-Steve Jobs hat. Everyone seems to have forgotten the poor Blackberry 10, but RIM seems determined to fight to the finish, with its last chance at relevance in a world 10 years ahead of it.
So what will the BB10 have to do to beat its bigger, better contenders? Improving its current services marginally will just not do, because it will only end up beating the iPhone 1 if it does. No, we will need grand, crazy disruption. Here are a few ideas:
1. A Think Screen: Making touch screens better and better is not something that will bring people flocking to the BB. For real user acquisition, they will need to create a magical screen that does whatever you think you want it to. This might be awkward if you’re thinking ‘Why the hell did I buy this BB??’, but should be great otherwise.
2. Use mathematics: The ad campaign for the BB10 should focus entirely on the fact that 10 = 6 + 4, so the BB10 is as good as the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S4 combined. It would be better to focus on this rather than the actual features, because there’s not much chance of a victory there.
3. Messenger of God: Beg whatsapp to create an app for the BB10, or somehow get 1 billion people on BBM. The former would seem to be easier.
4. We can see you: Google Maps is the undisputed king of the online map market. Apple’s foray didn’t go well, but at least they tried. So the pressure is on BB to do better than both of these. Luckily, we have an idea for them. All they have to do is take the maps that the CID team uses, and all users will instantly be able to find every place they want.
5. Signal booster: If the ideas above are not possible, BB10 can try to install an internal signal booster that ensures you don’t lose connection even on highways. If it can do that, the 10 = 6 + 4 campaign might not be needed.
6. Younger sibling app: Siri, the intelligent personal assistant for the iPhone, has got rave reviews for being helpful. The only possible way BB10 can top that personal assistant is by creating an app which functions as a younger sibling, that fetches, carries, reminds and lends so that your life is more comfortable.
7. Kitna Deti Hai: All these features above will be useless if the all important price point is neglected. Beating the iPhone 6 price shouldn’t be too hard. To compete with the Android price point, the BB10 will have to price itself at Rs. 10,000, and call itself the first superphone.
Can you think of any more crazy features for the BB10? Tell us in the Comments Section!
As the economy keeps inflating, so do Bollywood collections. In no time, they’ll each be making the equivalent of the cost of one onion! We predict that the upcoming Dhoom 3 will make 300 crore. Here’s why:
Following elections in Delhi yesterday, exit polls point to the fact that the Congress is going to lose, and pretty badly. What a surprise. Not. Considering the Congress’ performance over the past few months, we’re sure pretty much ANYONE could have beaten them. Here are a few examples:
It's December, and that means we are in the holy month when Rajinikanth was born. On December 12, the man will turn 63, and his trillions of fans are
This week, we are gearing up to watch Prabhu Dheva’s next outing on the silver screen, ‘R…Rajkumar’ (RR). Starring Shahid Kapoor, who hasn’t exactly had the best career run in the past few years, and Sonakshi Sinha, the film looks promising. Here are a few tips for you to make sure you’re well-prepared for the film:
Yesterday was the season premiere of the fourth edition of Koffee with Karan, and it sure didn’t disappoint. Salman Khan, who was a guest on the first episode, claimed to be a virgin (he may as well have told us that pigs fly – there’s a higher probability of that actually being true)
Bullett Raja is authentic, fun, sometimes funny, violent. Yes, it has its flaws, but which movie doesn't? We found it to be a good addition to its genre, and well worth a light weekend watch. So now, we commemorate those instances when it was unintentionally funny with our LOL-scar awards:
Two days ago, the world was given an early Thanksgiving gift – the trailer of Sherlyn Chopra’s next, ‘Kamasutra 3D’. It doesn’t take a genius to realise that this film is going to be pretty damn terrible.