Valentine's Day is too close for comfort. Couples everywhere are on their best behaviour and tightest budgets, and singles are trying to act as if Feb 14 doesn't matter (while trying their hardest to not be single on the day). Doubtless, some groups in our country are getting ready to crack down on some innocent couples with their lathis. It's all business as usual, except for one Man.
Here's a sneak peek into how Rajinikanth celebrates Valentine's Day, in the hope that it will inspire us all to greater acts of romantic love.
1. He spends a few hours opening gifts: This might seem like a lot of time, but we must remember that Rajinikanth receives 7 billion gifts on Valentine's Day. Everyone in the world loves Him, regardless of gender, race, age or sexual orientation. Luckily, he can open 1 billion gifts per hour. While doing other things.
2. Cupid wears clothes when around Rajinikanth: Since it's disrespectful to be naked around Him, even the world's favourite chubby baby puts on some clothes. And stops being invisible, that could be interpreted as creepy, stalker-like behaviour by Rajini. And you don't know what He would do to a stalker.
3. He makes heart shapes turn into R shapes: The shape commonly in use to depict the human heart has been around for longer than a century. Some might think it has become the universal symbol for a heart. Well, except when Rajinikanth is around. Near him, every heart shape twists itself into an R shape, and stays that way till he's gone. Mind it!
4. He gets a letter: From St. Valentine in Heaven, thanking Rajinikanth for being gracious enough to allow Feb 14 to be called Valentine’s Day, even though everyone knows that every day is Valentine’s Day.
5. God calls: And says, Rajinikanth, I love you. No one knows what Rajinikanth says back.
6. He commits no crime against physics: After all, Valentine’s is a day of love, one day which celebrates togetherness and affection. So, on this one day, Rajini Sir does nothing that would make Newton and Einstein turn in their graves. Not one thing.
7. He is able to select a gift for his wife: Without having to agonize for days over whether it’s suitable, whether it costs too much, whether it’s better than last year’s gift, whether she’ll like it, whether… He just chooses, and it’s right.
8. He never goes over budget: Unlike most of the rest of the world, Rajinikanth never spends the month post February 14 in a perpetual state of having to borrow from other people.
What tips will you be taking from Rajinikanth this Valentine's Day? Tell us in the comments section!
What was the reason that an almost-perfect looking team India surrendered to the Lankan lions in the WC finals, you ask? Here are 5 probable reasons why we feel India lost:
India is a tiger at home, and a bacterium abroad. After our embarrassing performances in South Africa and New Zealand, questions are being asked about whether our team is truly ready to play a cricket match anywhere outside the sub-continent. We think there is light at the end of the tunnel - we think that these 6 ideas will help India rise from the ashes and become a tiger everywhere.
We're so worried about his recent string of crazy activities that we think he might go too far soon. He might do one of these things, for instance:
After Arnab Goswami took Rahul Gandhi’s case in an interview (there’s really no other way of putting it) on Monday, we think that Koffee with Karan is way too boring. If we wanted to know random celeb gossip, we’d just read their tweets. But the way Arnab grills people, you have to admire him
A few days after Jai Ho's release, it is apparent that Salman's latest film will not touch the heights achieved by Chennai Express, Krrish 3, or Dhoom 3. It might not even touch Dabangg-2 or Bodyguard, and this is in 2014, when every other film hits 100 crores domestically. So why did Jai Ho fail to break all the box office records we thought it would? We aren't sure, but here are a few reasons.
Air India finally did something to make us sit up and take notice. They announced that they would provide wi-fi facilities to people on board their aircraft. This is great, but we don't think they've thought through some of the funnier consequences of their decision.
There are three constants in life in India: the petrol prices will keep rising, Arnab and Manmohan will always be opposites, and Salman Khan movies will always stick to a formula. Whether he's a cop, a bodyguard, or an Aam Aadmi, he's basically Rajinikanth in a different body.