The Oscars have come and gone, and Life of Pi seems to have picked up quite a few. While there are still some who will say Life of Pi is essentially an Indian movie (because of the name of its protagonist), it is true that India is under-represented at the Academy Awards. Which is why we're organizing this special edition of the Oscars - the Desi LOL-scars - and we're giving awards to anyone who has displayed exceptional acting talent. For instance:
1. Pranab Mukherjee
For actually acting like a President, especially after the last one put mercy and globetrotting above everything else
2. The good people at II*M: For acting like ****s ((note: asterisks are used to protect against blocking)
3. Facebook: For acting like cocaine or heroin, and making us all addicts
4. Manmohan Singh
For playing the part of a dumb man convincingly, for acting like a robot... he's like Daniel Day Lewis (multiple Oscars)
5. MS Dhoni
For acting like Sachin, and proving critics wrong again and again. Also, an additional award for acting like Sachin, by being a bad captain
6. The Indian authorities: For acting exactly like the North Korean authorities, now that they're armed with section 66A
7. Abhishek: For acting like he's not a Bachchan
8. Aishwarya: For acting like Yokozuna (from the WWF), after the birth of Aaradhya
9. Sunny Leone: For acting, period, after years of 'acting' in porn, which isn't exactly the hardest thing there is
10. Rahul Gandhi: For acting like he cares about the common man
11. NaMo: For acting like he isn't yet thinking about becoming PM in 2014
13. People who watched 'Race 2': For acting like they hadn’t just gone through the most traumatic experience of their lives
And now, for the ultimate LOL-scar, for a Man who is beyond both Oscars and LOL-scars...
For acting like Rajinikanth
Here are some suggestions for the judiciary to curb match fixing in cricket
For a movie thats starts off with an ode from Horace, Aurangzeb pretty much lives up to its own high expectations. Here are the awards to the funniest moments from the film...
Here is conclusive proof that the man is, in fact, completely innocent.
Here a list of crazy India-related things you will definitely NOT expect to see at the worlds premier film festival.
Here's an unbiased look at the arguments in favour of, and against, the IPL being fixed
Time after time, the RCB batsmen do their best to put a good total on the board. Time after time they succeed, even when two of Gayle, Virat and AbdV fail.
First, Chris Gayle went crazy and scored 175. Then David Miller took a game away from RCB. Then Kieron Pollard suddenly forgot that there are scoring shots other than sixes.