An era of Indian television has drawn to a close. The inspiration for Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, and God, has quit the show that he ran with an iron hand for 15 years. Yes, ACP Pradyuman is leaving CID, to make way for ACP Digvijay.
ACP has been such an integral part of all our lives that it will be impossible for anyone to replace him. Who else could have such an iconic expression, explain things in such mind-numbing detail, or lead such a multi-talented team of geniuses? So here are the top 11 things you didn't know about the ACP:
1. Creation: 14 billion years ago, ACP told God: "Pata karo universe kaise banate hain!" The next day, there was light.
2. Bill Clinton's confession: Remember Lewinskygate? Bill Clinton went from saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" to "Yes, I did, and I'm sorry" within a month. Legend has it that ACP looked him in the eye, and Bill felt compelled to confess.
3. Political Correctness: ACP is not constipated. He just has trouble getting out the back door (hence the instruction "Daya, Darwaza Todd Do")
4. Impatience is a virtue: The second most impatient person in the world is someone in a long line outside a public bathroom and really needs to go and has a crying child with her who needs a diaper change. Numero Uno is, of course, ACP.
5. I just look constipated: Chacha Chaudhary's brain works faster than a computer. ACP's bowels work slower than an Indian Government Department.
6. Timeline and ACP wait for no man: ACP is the only one who knows why Facebook decided to make the transition from a people-centric, nice, safe profile to a date-centric, stalker-friendly timeline. He worked it out from one glimpse of the Facebook blue colour.
7. And on the seventh day, ACP didn't rest: ACP works as hard on a weekly basis to solve crimes as God did when He created the universe.
8. Explain even the most obvious detail: ACP couldn't manage short notes, so they invented the detailed essay type question. Now you know whom to blame!
9. Creation of Adam: If God had only followed the ACP right hand rule (see below), he could have reached out and touched Adam.
10. Que Siri Siri: The iPhone 6 will replace Siri with ACP Pradyuman. Siri knows you, but ACP knows you better Than you know yourself.
11. The Seventh Sense: When The Sixth Sense was released, ACP heard the movie being promoted on the radio. From this, he immediately thought "Kuchh to gadbad hai" and figured out the twist in the movie, all in six seconds.
Do you know something about ACP we didn't cover above? The Comments Section is waiting for you. Matlab, agar aapko pata hai ki laash gayi kahan, to aapki vishesh tippani ki sakht zaroorat hai. Nahi to poori zindagi sadte rehna jail mein.
The Congress needs action. Faced with a formidable opponent led by a decisive, steely-eyed foe, they are in tatters. Sonia Gandhi has announced that she will soon announce the PM candidate for the Congress in 2014, and many names are already doing the rounds.
This weekend, a huge global blockbuster is releasing. No, not the Hobbit Part 2, why would you think that? We refer, of course, to a film which is sure to be a masterpiece, Sunny Leone’s second big Bollywood outing, the one and only 'Jackpot'
The Congress Party cannot be happy right now. After contesting in 5 states over the past few weeks, they are winning just one, the smallest of the bunch. In the others, their seat share stands at a pitiful, exam-failing 21%. Heads will roll, strategies will be debated, RaGa will emerge unscathed.
R...Rajkumar is bad. We don’t wish to spend too much time on using words to explain how bad it is because it is movies like this which prove that every second of your life is precious. Spending it on R...Rajkumar is a huge mistake. Right from the inexplicable use of fullstops in the title to the insanity that went into writing the dialogues, R...Rajkumar had us thinking about all the bad things that happened in our lives, and how they actually become good when compared to whatever it was that Prabhu Dheva was attempting.
As the economy keeps inflating, so do Bollywood collections. In no time, they’ll each be making the equivalent of the cost of one onion! We predict that the upcoming Dhoom 3 will make 300 crore. Here’s why:
Following elections in Delhi yesterday, exit polls point to the fact that the Congress is going to lose, and pretty badly. What a surprise. Not. Considering the Congress’ performance over the past few months, we’re sure pretty much ANYONE could have beaten them. Here are a few examples:
It's December, and that means we are in the holy month when Rajinikanth was born. On December 12, the man will turn 63, and his trillions of fans are