The RCB vs KKR battle was mostly notable for Gayle deciding that he wanted more time to celebrate, and chasing down 154 with more than 2 overs to spare. But one incident stood out: when Virat was dismissed, Gautam Gambhir celebrated so openly that Virat and Gauti almost came to blows. Luckily, some KKR players intervened, and made sure that the exchange was limited to a few choice observations about each other's sister(s) and mother.
Which got us thinking - isn't it really weird that two Delhi and India players almost beat each other up, and over such a trivial issue? If IPL continues to make blood boil, here are a few fights we might soon witness:
1. Yuvraj Singh vs RP Singh: For the undisputed use of the 'Singh' title. We'd have added Harbhajan to the mix, but he only likes to fight in the IPL if Sreesanth's cheek is around, and Appam has no Singh surname.
2. Sachin Baby vs Sachin the Old: RR have a player from Kerala called Sachin Baby, and a fight between him and Sachin Tendulkar would be fun to see.
3. Anil Kumble vs the RCB fans: Anil Kumble was once RCB property, but he unfurled his wings and took flight to Mumbai this year, where he became MI's chief mentor. We don't know how much he's helped so far, but there is bound to be some bad blood; he won't visit the Chinnaswamy Stadium without protection any time soon.
4. Muralitharan vs Sangakkara: This fight would be on the lines of the Virat-Gauti fight - two teammates attacking each other explicably. Of course, this is complicated by the fact that they are probably two of the most good-natured cricketers in the world, but maybe Sanga can tell Murali he's chucking or something?
5. SRK vs Karunanidhi: Fights can never be confined to the players; the owners of teams should mix it up, too. SRK is the public face of KKR, and a chunk of the profits from the Sunrisers operations will find its way to the DMK maestro's pockets. If SRK avoids being killed by the dark glasses and yellow shawl, he should win this one
6. Gayle vs Pollard: Even if we want to see this fight, there's no way it will happen; both of them will probably laugh it off and decide to dance Gangnam Style rather than come to blows.
7. Ravindra Jadeja vs God: Of course, we had to end with the most eagerly anticipated match-up of all. Since a lot of us think that Sir Jadeja is God, it might end up as Ravindra just punching himself in the face till he falls unconscious. But that doesn't matter - the man can score a triple century in a coma.
Any other IPL fights you want to see? Tell us in the Comments Section!
Tag : #A
As the economy keeps inflating, so do Bollywood collections. In no time, they’ll each be making the equivalent of the cost of one onion! We predict that the upcoming Dhoom 3 will make 300 crore. Here’s why:
Following elections in Delhi yesterday, exit polls point to the fact that the Congress is going to lose, and pretty badly. What a surprise. Not. Considering the Congress’ performance over the past few months, we’re sure pretty much ANYONE could have beaten them. Here are a few examples:
It's December, and that means we are in the holy month when Rajinikanth was born. On December 12, the man will turn 63, and his trillions of fans are
This week, we are gearing up to watch Prabhu Dheva’s next outing on the silver screen, ‘R…Rajkumar’ (RR). Starring Shahid Kapoor, who hasn’t exactly had the best career run in the past few years, and Sonakshi Sinha, the film looks promising. Here are a few tips for you to make sure you’re well-prepared for the film:
Yesterday was the season premiere of the fourth edition of Koffee with Karan, and it sure didn’t disappoint. Salman Khan, who was a guest on the first episode, claimed to be a virgin (he may as well have told us that pigs fly – there’s a higher probability of that actually being true)
Bullett Raja is authentic, fun, sometimes funny, violent. Yes, it has its flaws, but which movie doesn't? We found it to be a good addition to its genre, and well worth a light weekend watch. So now, we commemorate those instances when it was unintentionally funny with our LOL-scar awards:
Two days ago, the world was given an early Thanksgiving gift – the trailer of Sherlyn Chopra’s next, ‘Kamasutra 3D’. It doesn’t take a genius to realise that this film is going to be pretty damn terrible.