The RCB vs KKR battle was mostly notable for Gayle deciding that he wanted more time to celebrate, and chasing down 154 with more than 2 overs to spare. But one incident stood out: when Virat was dismissed, Gautam Gambhir celebrated so openly that Virat and Gauti almost came to blows. Luckily, some KKR players intervened, and made sure that the exchange was limited to a few choice observations about each other's sister(s) and mother.
Which got us thinking - isn't it really weird that two Delhi and India players almost beat each other up, and over such a trivial issue? If IPL continues to make blood boil, here are a few fights we might soon witness:
1. Yuvraj Singh vs RP Singh: For the undisputed use of the 'Singh' title. We'd have added Harbhajan to the mix, but he only likes to fight in the IPL if Sreesanth's cheek is around, and Appam has no Singh surname.
2. Sachin Baby vs Sachin the Old: RR have a player from Kerala called Sachin Baby, and a fight between him and Sachin Tendulkar would be fun to see.
3. Anil Kumble vs the RCB fans: Anil Kumble was once RCB property, but he unfurled his wings and took flight to Mumbai this year, where he became MI's chief mentor. We don't know how much he's helped so far, but there is bound to be some bad blood; he won't visit the Chinnaswamy Stadium without protection any time soon.
4. Muralitharan vs Sangakkara: This fight would be on the lines of the Virat-Gauti fight - two teammates attacking each other explicably. Of course, this is complicated by the fact that they are probably two of the most good-natured cricketers in the world, but maybe Sanga can tell Murali he's chucking or something?
5. SRK vs Karunanidhi: Fights can never be confined to the players; the owners of teams should mix it up, too. SRK is the public face of KKR, and a chunk of the profits from the Sunrisers operations will find its way to the DMK maestro's pockets. If SRK avoids being killed by the dark glasses and yellow shawl, he should win this one
6. Gayle vs Pollard: Even if we want to see this fight, there's no way it will happen; both of them will probably laugh it off and decide to dance Gangnam Style rather than come to blows.
7. Ravindra Jadeja vs God: Of course, we had to end with the most eagerly anticipated match-up of all. Since a lot of us think that Sir Jadeja is God, it might end up as Ravindra just punching himself in the face till he falls unconscious. But that doesn't matter - the man can score a triple century in a coma.
Any other IPL fights you want to see? Tell us in the Comments Section!
Tag : #A
India is a tiger at home, and a bacterium abroad. After our embarrassing performances in South Africa and New Zealand, questions are being asked about whether our team is truly ready to play a cricket match anywhere outside the sub-continent. We think there is light at the end of the tunnel - we think that these 6 ideas will help India rise from the ashes and become a tiger everywhere.
We're so worried about his recent string of crazy activities that we think he might go too far soon. He might do one of these things, for instance:
After Arnab Goswami took Rahul Gandhi’s case in an interview (there’s really no other way of putting it) on Monday, we think that Koffee with Karan is way too boring. If we wanted to know random celeb gossip, we’d just read their tweets. But the way Arnab grills people, you have to admire him
A few days after Jai Ho's release, it is apparent that Salman's latest film will not touch the heights achieved by Chennai Express, Krrish 3, or Dhoom 3. It might not even touch Dabangg-2 or Bodyguard, and this is in 2014, when every other film hits 100 crores domestically. So why did Jai Ho fail to break all the box office records we thought it would? We aren't sure, but here are a few reasons.
Air India finally did something to make us sit up and take notice. They announced that they would provide wi-fi facilities to people on board their aircraft. This is great, but we don't think they've thought through some of the funnier consequences of their decision.
There are three constants in life in India: the petrol prices will keep rising, Arnab and Manmohan will always be opposites, and Salman Khan movies will always stick to a formula. Whether he's a cop, a bodyguard, or an Aam Aadmi, he's basically Rajinikanth in a different body.
Yesterday, Aamir Khan tweeted a picture that went viral – it had him along with Salman Khan seemingly taking a leak into some plants. We’re surprised the normally intellectual Aamir did something like this, and sure that Sallu Bhai is sitting embarrassed somewhere. Here are the next few celebs we think Aamir will embarrass on Twitter, and how: