The Mumbai Marathon was on the 20th of January, and everyone ran for one reason or another. In fact, there were so many different types of runners that we thought we'd come up with a guide for you to find out what type you were. Read on to find out whether you're an exhibitionist, a social climber, or a hero.
1. 100 likes please!: If you're running the Marathon solely so that you can put up 23 statuses before the event talking about your preparation and 145 photos of the Marathon showing your exhausted face, then you're a 100 Likes Please runner. Pro tip: an easier way to get 100 likes is putting up an anti-Team India status
2. Exhibitionists: Some fitness freaks work out 365 days a year (366 during leap years). Just like schools have annual days for students to display their talents, the Marathon is a chance for these people to prove that they can endure more physical punishment than everybody else
3. Social Climbers: Working as an extra in that latest Tic-Tac ad didn't do wonders for your career, but maybe a snapshot of you running with Milind Soman will. Waterproof makeup, fancy running outfit, noble cause - check, check, check
4. Extra coaching students: If you are really good at running 42 km and you like money, then the Mumbai Marathon was created for you. We're just getting warmed up to the concept of marathons in India, and until we get better at them, we're a fat paycheck for every super-runner from Kenya or Ethiopia
5. Better than you: If you're running the Marathon to raise money for your favourite charity, that's great. Except, did you know that you make those of us who are running just for ourselves (or for our 44 inch waists) feel evil in comparison?
6. Click Click!: You spend Sundays poring over newspapers to see who the latest on the block to make a fashion faux pas is. You're armed (with your camera) and dangerous -- all those who've dared to step out in something from last season's collection, beware
7. Star: It's been a while since your last film released, and the role in your next, though "pivotal," doesn't add up to more than five minutes. As we all know, being in the public consciousness is the most important thing right now. Wait, can you see the Being Human logo from that angle?!
8. Definitely Next Year: If you tell the whole world that you will be running the Marathon up till a day before the event, then suddenly disappear off the face of the earth, you're a Definitely Next Year runner. Turns out your doctor conveniently told you that running the marathon would end up in a hernia, a broken skull, and a possible heart attack
9. Main Tera Hero: You're bored, unemployed, and your sexy neighbour won't give you a second look. And then the Marathon comes along - now you finally have something to put on your resume AND can appear like the caring guy who would dedicate his life to saving terminally-ill children
10. Meri Shirt Bhi Sexy: What use is it paying fifty times the production cost of a branded item if you can't show it off? The shoelaces on your Nike sneakers are tied, your Puma sweatshirt is zipped up, your Adidas tracks are sparkling. It's time to go!
So, what kind of runner were you? Tell us in the comments section!
Pics: Mumbai Marathon 2013
We think it might actually be a really good idea, because of the following benefits...
We thank the gods that the Met Department predicts only the weather
For a movie with a pretty funny trailer, Fukrey was like a ride at a water park. The delki-di-dastaan movie did have its bits, so were rolling out the red carpet for these much deserved awards!
Facebook just became Twitter. Sort of. Today, it adopted Twitter's distinctive hashtag feature.
Here's a light-hearted look at some of the features that IRCTC-mobile might have. We only hope that they don't all come true
Here's a set of all new Jadeja 'facts' that you've never heard or seen before
Apple has just unveiled its spanking new Operating System, in a bid to take attention away from Android and its other competitors.