World Environment Day is serious business. When you hear the term, you picture a conference room full of serious, suited climate scientists, talking solemnly about carbon credits, and global warming, and the ozone layer, and pandas. The last thing you would imagine would be that some of your favourite / least favourite celebs could actually play their - very important - part in saving us all from death by climate change.
But we've realized that the following celebs can actually do their bit for the environment, by doing exactly what they do every day. Here's our exclusive list, along with the contribution of each celebrity.
1. N Srinivasan: His well documented refusal to budge from any position he occupies is a lesson to us all. By reducing his movement to the minimum, he is conserving both his own energy and precious natural resources. He is no match fixer, he is an earth saver!
2. Mayawati: When you think Mayawati, you might think statues, or ill-gotten wealth, or gaudy displays of said wealth. But did you know that Mayawati is actually the world's leading champion in the fight against global warming? By being the exact opposite of hot, in every facet of her appearance, she has given us all a few more years till the seas rise and consume us.
3. Sunny Leone: We have always been told to go green, and go paperless, and save the forests of our world. Well, Sunny Leone was doing this before it was cool. High res JPG files of her - in various stages of undress - can only be found within hard drives; none of us ever prints them out.
4. Rahul Gandhi: He celebrates World Environment Day by mistaking the occasion for Republic Day, and wearing spotless white. Which absorbs less heat, and therefore helps in the fight against global warming.
5. NaMo: Celebrates the occasion by releasing a detailed report of how Gujarat celebrates Environment Day better than any other state ever, and filled with propaganda about how he should be the next PM.
6. Sreesanth: This year, he will be celebrating June 5 by refusing to use any towels at all, because the towel is the symbol of his guilt. No towels means no washing, and no washing means that many invaluable litres of water are saved per day. Thank you, Sree!
7. Rajinikanth: This year, he will solve the world's water, carbon, warming, water, forest and pollution problems in the first five minutes of the day. Mind it!
Do you know how other celebs will celebrate World Environment Day this year? If so, tell us in the Comments Section!
India is a tiger at home, and a bacterium abroad. After our embarrassing performances in South Africa and New Zealand, questions are being asked about whether our team is truly ready to play a cricket match anywhere outside the sub-continent. We think there is light at the end of the tunnel - we think that these 6 ideas will help India rise from the ashes and become a tiger everywhere.
We're so worried about his recent string of crazy activities that we think he might go too far soon. He might do one of these things, for instance:
After Arnab Goswami took Rahul Gandhi’s case in an interview (there’s really no other way of putting it) on Monday, we think that Koffee with Karan is way too boring. If we wanted to know random celeb gossip, we’d just read their tweets. But the way Arnab grills people, you have to admire him
A few days after Jai Ho's release, it is apparent that Salman's latest film will not touch the heights achieved by Chennai Express, Krrish 3, or Dhoom 3. It might not even touch Dabangg-2 or Bodyguard, and this is in 2014, when every other film hits 100 crores domestically. So why did Jai Ho fail to break all the box office records we thought it would? We aren't sure, but here are a few reasons.
Air India finally did something to make us sit up and take notice. They announced that they would provide wi-fi facilities to people on board their aircraft. This is great, but we don't think they've thought through some of the funnier consequences of their decision.
There are three constants in life in India: the petrol prices will keep rising, Arnab and Manmohan will always be opposites, and Salman Khan movies will always stick to a formula. Whether he's a cop, a bodyguard, or an Aam Aadmi, he's basically Rajinikanth in a different body.
Yesterday, Aamir Khan tweeted a picture that went viral – it had him along with Salman Khan seemingly taking a leak into some plants. We’re surprised the normally intellectual Aamir did something like this, and sure that Sallu Bhai is sitting embarrassed somewhere. Here are the next few celebs we think Aamir will embarrass on Twitter, and how: