World Environment Day is serious business. When you hear the term, you picture a conference room full of serious, suited climate scientists, talking solemnly about carbon credits, and global warming, and the ozone layer, and pandas. The last thing you would imagine would be that some of your favourite / least favourite celebs could actually play their - very important - part in saving us all from death by climate change.
But we've realized that the following celebs can actually do their bit for the environment, by doing exactly what they do every day. Here's our exclusive list, along with the contribution of each celebrity.
1. N Srinivasan: His well documented refusal to budge from any position he occupies is a lesson to us all. By reducing his movement to the minimum, he is conserving both his own energy and precious natural resources. He is no match fixer, he is an earth saver!
2. Mayawati: When you think Mayawati, you might think statues, or ill-gotten wealth, or gaudy displays of said wealth. But did you know that Mayawati is actually the world's leading champion in the fight against global warming? By being the exact opposite of hot, in every facet of her appearance, she has given us all a few more years till the seas rise and consume us.
3. Sunny Leone: We have always been told to go green, and go paperless, and save the forests of our world. Well, Sunny Leone was doing this before it was cool. High res JPG files of her - in various stages of undress - can only be found within hard drives; none of us ever prints them out.
4. Rahul Gandhi: He celebrates World Environment Day by mistaking the occasion for Republic Day, and wearing spotless white. Which absorbs less heat, and therefore helps in the fight against global warming.
5. NaMo: Celebrates the occasion by releasing a detailed report of how Gujarat celebrates Environment Day better than any other state ever, and filled with propaganda about how he should be the next PM.
6. Sreesanth: This year, he will be celebrating June 5 by refusing to use any towels at all, because the towel is the symbol of his guilt. No towels means no washing, and no washing means that many invaluable litres of water are saved per day. Thank you, Sree!
7. Rajinikanth: This year, he will solve the world's water, carbon, warming, water, forest and pollution problems in the first five minutes of the day. Mind it!
Do you know how other celebs will celebrate World Environment Day this year? If so, tell us in the Comments Section!
It's December, and that means we are in the holy month when Rajinikanth was born. On December 12, the man will turn 63, and his trillions of fans are
This week, we are gearing up to watch Prabhu Dheva’s next outing on the silver screen, ‘R…Rajkumar’ (RR). Starring Shahid Kapoor, who hasn’t exactly had the best career run in the past few years, and Sonakshi Sinha, the film looks promising. Here are a few tips for you to make sure you’re well-prepared for the film:
Yesterday was the season premiere of the fourth edition of Koffee with Karan, and it sure didn’t disappoint. Salman Khan, who was a guest on the first episode, claimed to be a virgin (he may as well have told us that pigs fly – there’s a higher probability of that actually being true)
Bullett Raja is authentic, fun, sometimes funny, violent. Yes, it has its flaws, but which movie doesn't? We found it to be a good addition to its genre, and well worth a light weekend watch. So now, we commemorate those instances when it was unintentionally funny with our LOL-scar awards:
Two days ago, the world was given an early Thanksgiving gift – the trailer of Sherlyn Chopra’s next, ‘Kamasutra 3D’. It doesn’t take a genius to realise that this film is going to be pretty damn terrible.
In the Encyclopedia Britannica entry for the word 'empty', they've used the picture of a Rahul Gandhi rally. RaGa's rallies have people leaving early for a reason, and that's why we're issuing a survival guide in public interest.
The much-anticipated teaser of the first episode of the next season of Koffee With Karan (KWK) is out. And it has surprised us all by featuring not Karan’s old favourite, Shah Rukh Khan, but his arch-rival Salman Khan! Clearly, this season promises to bring us several completely unexpected surprises while retaining its old penchant of bringing us the spiciest gossip from Bollywood.