Chennai Super Kings left-handed batsman Suresh Raina completed century of matches for two-time Indian Premier League champions Chennai Super Kings when he took field against Delhi Daredevils in New Delhi at Wankhede stadium on Thursday.
Raina scored 30 off 32 balls before he was dismissed by his former Indian team-mate Irfan Pathan. Raina has so far not missed a single game for CSK. The swashbuckling middle-order batsman has scored 2332 runs in 86 matches in the IPL at an average of 32.85 that includes fourteen fifties. Raina also has the highest number of IPL catches when he took a straight forward catch of Umesh Yadav on Thursday.
He has featured in 86 IPL matches and 14 Champions League matches for Chennai Super Kings. Here are some of the interesting statistics from Game 24 of IPL 6, which saw Chennai Super Kings thrash Delhi Daredvils and help them climb fourth on the points table.
- Chennai Super Kings registered their 50th win in IPL. They became the first team in IPL to do so.
- Suresh Raina has now featured in 100 games for Chennai Super Kings (both IPL and CLT20 combined). He is yet to miss a match for CSK.
- Delhi Daredevils have now lost eight consecutive matches -- last two in 2012 and all six in 2013 edition. Only Pune Warriors India had a longer streak of defeats in IPL - 11 between 2012 and 2013
- Delhi Daredevils became the second team after Deccan Chargers (46) to have lost 40 games or more in the IPL.
- MS Dhoni joined Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli to aggregate 3000 runs in T20 format.
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide ,12/5/2013, 05:30 (IST)
Kingsmead, Durban ,12/8/2013, 13:30 (IST)
SuperSport Park, Centurion ,11/30/2013, 13:30 (IST)
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi ,11/30/2013, 19:30 (IST)
Krrish Delhi Smashers icon player Jwala Gutta appeared visibly livid after she was peppered with some lewd comments from the fans during her tie against Banga Beats in the Indian Badminton league at the Sree Kanteerava Indoor Stadium here late Sunday night.
England had to settled for a 3-0 victory in the Ashes series against Australia after the fifth and final Test ended in a thrilling draw at The Oval here.
Double Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar was offered cash to lose the 2010 world championship final.
The Hyderabad Hotshots defeated the Mumbai Masters 3-2 in the Indian Badminton League (IBL) tie to top the points table at the Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex.
Manchester United have reportedly enquired about the availability of Chelsea's Juan Mata.
Awadhe Warriors won their first tie of the Indian Badminton League (IBL) in style by drubbing Krrish Delhi Smashers 4-1 at the Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex.
from Associated Press
Kevin Stadler teed off just after breakfast and finished right before dinner. It took him nearly 11 hours to complete a 7-under 64 at Liberty National, his lowest score on the PGA Tour since the first week of February.