Another case against Kedarnath, Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan named in petition
Director Abhishek Kapoor’s Kedarnath has been in news for all the wrong reasons since the time the film went on the floor. While earlier, the film’s release was delayed because of the issues between the makers, the problem doesn’t seem to end post-release either. In the latest update, a case has been filed in a local court at Jaunpur district of Uttar Pradesh against the film where the leading stars of the film Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan have been named in the petition.
Reportedly, on Monday a man named Siddhartha Singh filed a petition before the court of additional chief judicial magistrate (ACJM-II) Dhananjay Mishra. The petitioner has objected to the film where his lawyers said, due to its passionate love scenes and alleged promotion of 'love jihad', obscene dance sequences in the backdrop of a major disaster, scars of which are still afresh in the minds of the victims and their families. Accordingly, the court has fixed January 17 as the next date of hearing in the case.
Talking about the film, it depicts the love story of a Muslim porter played by Sushant and a Hindu girl played by Sara who makes her debut in Bollywood with the film. As the film’s trailer was released, the film received threats from various political parties for promoting 'love-jihad', a claim which the makers didn’t agree to.
Earlier on December 6, the Uttrakhand High court had dismissed a PIL seeking a ban on the movie on the grounds that it hurts Hindu sentiments. It was dismissed by a division bench of Chief Justice Ramesh Ranganathan and Justice Ramesh Khulbe who said that a similar dispute surrounding the release of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmavat had made the film a super hit.