The ‘Baahubali’ star Prabhas turns 38 today. After the path-breaking success of Baahubali: The Beginning and Baahubali: The Conclusion, Prabhas is no more just a Tollywood star but one who is loved globally. So much so that he even managed to impress even the makers of hit TV show Game Of Thrones with his character in and as Baahubali.
If you know the following things about Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati then you are his true fan:
1. Prabhas’ debut film was Jayanth C. Paranjee’s Eeshwar opposite Sridevi Vijaykumar in 2002 which was a box office disaster.
2. The one man army is also a one film man. Like the perfectionist, Aamir Khan, Prabhas too signs one film at a time. For the Baahubali series, Prabhas was booked for 5 years straight.
3. For his role in Baahubali, he ate 40 boiled eggs every day, gained 22 kilos and was trained under the aegis of Mr World 2010, Lakshman Reddy.
4. He was so dedicated to the project that he even rejected a Rs 10 crore endorsement during the filming of Baahubali.
5. His role as Baahubali has not only found a permanent place in Indian film history, Prabhas has also found a corner for himself at Madame Tussauds. He is the first South Indian star to have a wax statue beating the ‘God-star’ Rajnikanth.
6. Prabhas debuted in Bollywood with an item song with Sonakshi Sinha in Prabhu Deva’s Action Jackson starring Ajay Devgn.7. When the Saaho actor said that he is not getting hitched anytime soon, he was serious! He has already rejected over 6000 marriage proposals.