6 times when Anushka Sharma ruled hearts in her bridal avatar
The Indian men’s cricket team captain, Virat Kohli and actress Anushka Sharma, are finally hitched putting an end to the speculations. They tied the knot in a closed ceremony in Tuscany, Italy on December 11. Well, Anushka did go for the dream bridal designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee’s creation but here are times when she looked absolutely ethereal as a bride on-screen.
1. The most striking would be her appearance as a bride on-screen for Karan Johar's 2016 romantic-drama 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'. The actress stunned fans when she appeared in a beautiful golden and red lehenga with embroidered detailing and heavy jewelry to complete the look.
2. But she looked no less beautiful in a simple bridal attire as well when she starred in Sultan opposite Salman Khan. As the actress has said herself that it’s comfort before all.
3. Before the rumours of actual marriage spread like a wildfire, what actually sparked it was their advertisement together for clothing brand Manyavar. Although the two played mere spectators, their ethnic look in the wedding setting has gone on to become the poster of what could look like on D-day. While Anushka rocked the beautiful red and golden attire, Virat played the perfect groom in a black velvet number with a classic dupatta on his shoulder.
4. Long ago she had turned in to a bride for Shah Rukh Khan for a commercial. She looked royal rocking beige, gold and red.
5. The actress during her budding days once dressed in a typical South Indian attire with a white silk saree and heavy gold jewelry.
6. She set the temperature soaring when she walked the ramp on for celebrated designer Manish Malhotra in a shimmery bridal ensemble.
But nothing compared to her actual D-day when she wore a Sabyasachi ensemble in shades of white and pink. She was a visual delight so much so that even Virat was left in awe!