Gal Gadot's will not play Wonder Woman again, at least not under Brett Ratner
Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot, who has been battling against the sexual harassment in Hollywood has made her stance clear again and has refused to sign on for Wonder Woman 2 unless Brett Ratner is removed from the franchise. Brett Ratner was the co-producer of the first part of this DC franchise and his RatPac-Dune Entertainment made a great deal of money with the success of the film. Now that Ratner has been accused of multiple sexual misconduct allegations against him, the leading lady of Wonder Woman Gal Gadot wants Warner Bros to get rid of him completely.
Gadot had earlier backed out of a dinner event where she was supposed to honor Ratner with an award. A source close to ‘PageSix’ told the publication, "She’s tough and stands by her principles. She also knows the best way to hit people like Brett Ratner is in the wallet. She also knows that Warner Bros. has to side with her on this issue as it develops. They can’t have a movie rooted in women’s empowerment being part-financed by a man accused of sexual misconduct against women."
Ratner, who has helmed films like Rush Hour and X-Men: The Last Stand among others, has been accused by over six women in the recent past. Even the actor from X-men camp ‘Ellen Page’ shared her story in an elaborate Facebook post. She alleged that Ratner “outed” her when she was just 18-years-old.
“He looked at a woman standing next to me, ten years my senior, pointed to me and said: “You should fuck her to make her realize she’s gay.” He was the film’s director, Brett Ratner,” she wrote.
While many in Hollywood praised the news of Gadot's ultimatum, Warner Bros said the news was false. Wonder Woman 2, is slated for a release date of November 1, 2019.