Network18 Media and Investments Limited ("the Company/Network18") recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information and will keep the information you entrust to us safely and securely.
This policy tells you how Network18 collects information from you, how we protect it and how we use it, and share all personal information which you provide when you use or browse www.in.com (the "Website").
Information Collection and Use
We will collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways including when you navigate around our Website or respond to communications from us. Network18 may also receive personally identifiable information from, third parties including our related companies, our business partners and publicly available sources of information.
The following is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with our services, where we can:
- Information on how you use our Website, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser, cookies, time spent on a page or content, and the route you took to navigate through the pages
- Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services/newsletters.
If you choose not to provide us with certain information we may not be able to provide you with a particular service.
Network18 also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Network18 cookie information and the page you requested.
In addition, when you use Network18's services, you may make some of your personal information public. The main uses of your personal information are to verify your identity; to help provide our services; to share newsletters with you; to conduct market surveys; to administer those services; to enable us to review and improve our service to provide access to certain areas of the website; to personalize your visit to our site. The information we collect is also used to notify visitors about events, changes and other information about this Website. The information we collect is never shared with other organizations for commercial or other purposes.
This information may be used for marketing and for market research purposes, including internal demographic studies, to provide, optimize and personalize our services and to send you newsletters and information (where you have agreed to this) about our products and services.
We may use information about you to create a picture of your interests. This will allow us to understand our customers and visitors better, so we can make our services and marketing more relevant. Information that we use in this way may include:
- information about your use of this Website;
- household classification data,
- your responses to communications from us;
- your interaction with other parts of the Network18 Group;
- customer surveys;
- information provided by other companies, where you gave them permission to share this information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Network18 will NOT disclose personally identifiable information, if any about you to third parties except in the following situations:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to share the information with certain service partners in order to respond and resolve your service issues. (Unless we tell you differently, these partners have no independent right to use this information except to respond to your comments or to resolve the service issues.);
- We respond to requests from any Indian or foreign government, security, defence, revenue, regulatory or other authority, agency or officer;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal proceedings;
- When required by law that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights of the property in.com
- When applicable law or regulation requires disclosure of information to protect the safety or security of users of our Website;
- We find that your actions on our Website violate the Network18 Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services
- We may need to share details with third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain advice. Any such processing will be governed by an agreement in the form required by law, preserving any statutory data protection rights.
We may share your information with other members of the Network18 Group.
Who has access to the information at Network18?
- Members of Network18;
- Our related companies;
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Other telecommunication and information service providers;
- By disclosing individual records such as IP addresses as may be required by law; or
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law. We will ensure that these people only use such information to perform the above functions, and that they have adequate procedures in place to deal with your data securely. Some of these people may be based outside India.
Use of information for marketing
In line with any permission you give us, we may send you direct marketing about our own, or carefully selected third parties' goods and services and disclose your information to other organizations that may send direct marketing to you. In addition, you can unsubscribe from email communications via unsubscribe links provided in communications sent to you.
Link from or to Other Website
We take various precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access and will store your personal information for so long as it is necessary to provide you our services or for archive purposes.
Notification of Changes
If you need further assistance or have queries about our use of personal information, please send us an email with your questions or comments to email@example.com
Network18 Media and Investments Limited ("the Company/Network18") owns and operates www.in.com ("Website"). The Website is not liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the site, or items advertised on the site, by end users or any other third parties.
The Company does not tolerate any copyright infringement and if we receive complete and sufficient information that the content uploaded on the Website violates or infringes or tends to infringe the copyright of any third party we shall remove the Content.
In the event you have any grievance in relation to any Content/Information uploaded on the Website, you may contact our Grievance Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org and at the following address: Grievance Officer, Network18 Media and Investments Limited, Empire Complex, 1st Floor, 414 Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai-400013.
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:-
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner for the purposes of the complaint.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material on our website that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
- The address, telephone number or e-mail address of the complaining party.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice of copyright infringement is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed.