The search for the missing footballer Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson was called off a couple of days back when rescuers failed to find the plane. The aircraft disappeared from the radar on January 21 and after rescue teams searched the English Channel for three days, the authorities said they were “no longer actively searching" for the missing plane. However, since then, calls to resume the operation began ringing louder and a crowdfunding campaign has even begun for a private search. The latest in the list of people calling for the search to resume is Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante.
Reports said that Kante is keen to fund the search from his own pockets. Sala and the Frenchman were teammates back in 2015 when they were in Caen. However, some reports also added that the cops are not allowed to take money from a source outside of the government. Kante’s calls to resume the search comes after stars such as Lionel Messi showed support for the crowdfunding campaign. "While there are possibilities, a minimum hope, we ask that please #NoDejenDeBuscar," Messi had posted on his Instagram story. "Emiliano. All my strength and support to the family and friends."
View this post on Instagram
La esperanza nunca muere. #NoDejenDeBuscar #EmilianoSala
Diego Maradona too shared a photo of Sala on Instagram and wrote, “Hope never dies.” Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero too pleaded to resume the search. Besides him, Gonzalo Higuain and Nicolas Otamendi too, called for the search to continue.Read More